Thursday 8 March 2007

La Cinematheque Francaise

Yesterday after the shoot I went to BiFi - Bibliotheque de film (national French film library) in Paris to make some photocopies of some articles concerning the famous Slovenian movie star from 20's and 30's Ita Rina. My friend Spela, who works at Slovenian Cinematheque, asked me to do that because they are preparing the book about Slovenian borned actress. I've spent several hours exploring the articles from the French magazine from the 20's "Pour Vous". I have to admit that I felt a bit like a secret agent from the cold war movies, searching through the microfilms, trying to get some important datas concerning his country.
Anyhow, when I came to Paris, I used to spend a lot of time at BiFi, preparing some essays for the school or just watching the films from the movie's library (mediatheque). At the time BiFi was a separate unit and not as today part of the French Cinematheque at Bercy (find some pictures here). Although the step that united cinematheque and library (plus restaurant and huge exibition facilities) was great, I'm still a bit nostalgic about the "old" cinematheque that was placed in Palais de Chaillot. Not just because of the history and smell of the old times, but also because of it's position in Paris - just a step away from Eiffel Tower. I think it was just belonging there. As I think it just not really belongs to Bercy.
However, the good news is that they finally made a good reduction for spectators: for 120 Euros a year or 12 times 10 Euros you get a free pass to all screenings and exibitions plus some discount for special events. Definitively place to be in Paris.

J.J.B.

No comments: