Wednesday 16 April 2008

Sacred Objects

Last week I was on the opening of the photo exhibition Sarajevo dans le coeur de Paris of Milomir Kovacevic - Strasni. He took the pictures of the objects which were taken by the people when they had left Sarajevo during the war. Among them there were some really intersting things; one guy took with him the key of his car - golf:)
Those people were leaving their homes not knowing if they will ever be able to go back. My story is not that hard but I also left Slovenia with just two suitcases (of course, I was not forced and I was able to go back anytime).
However, "the special" thing that I took with me is this:

This is a comic that Darko Perovic draw for me for the premiere of Straight Ahead. The guy in a wheelchair says: "Watch out to frame Boris running over the street for that red hair girl!". Blind guy: "How does she look like, bro?".
For those of you who left their countries, what were the things which you took with you?

J.J.B.

No comments: